It is our intention to ensure that all complaints are handled promptly, fairly, consistently, and proportionately. This procedure applies to all complaints, both formal and informal, by students, customers and stakeholders. The complaints policy should be read by all staff and learners involved in the apprenticeship programme.
● To allow complaints to be aired.
● To ensure that complaints are resolved as quickly and fairly as possible.
● To foster and maintain good relationships between all parties concerned.
● A complainant who wishes to make a complaint may do so either in writing or verbally.
● All complaints made in writing are classed as formal complaints.
● All complaints made verbally will be classed as an informal complaint.
● Complaints can be e-mailed to [email protected] or by letter. Staff will be happy to support you to write down your complaint should any of these methods be unsuitable.
● All complaints will be acknowledged within 5 working days.
● Following investigation, a response to the complainant will usually be provided within 10 working days of the acknowledgement unless the complaint is particularly complex, when the complainant will be informed of reasons for the delay
Complaints against Staff
● If a complaint is received specifically about a staff member it should be immediately passed to HR who will decide the most appropriate person to investigate.
● Complaints we cannot investigate
● We will not normally record or investigate:
● A decision made where the correct procedures / processes / regulations have been followed (e.g. disciplinary and debt recovery).
● Anonymous communications.
● Something outside of our control or responsibility
● Something that happened some time ago. Investigations will not take place after twelve weeks of an alleged incident occurring.
● A liability claim, or other litigation matter.
The response – a reasoned judgement – will be sent to the complainant within 15 working days of receiving a complaint; however, complex cases will, unavoidably, take longer to investigate with due care and thoroughness. The complainant will, in any event, be kept informed of the progress of any investigation.
Any comments about the way in which the complaint was dealt with, or any appeal against the findings and action, setting out the grounds for appeal, within 10 days of receipt of the outcome. We will review the evidence and respond to the appellant within 15 working days of receiving the appeal.
Complaints Made to External Organisations
External organisations will not normally investigate complaints until our complaints procedure, including appeal, has been exhausted.
Complaints about Further Education can be made to:
Complaints Team, Skills Funding Agency, Cheylesmore House, Quinton Road, Coventry, CV1 2WT or email [email protected]